Join The National Gallery for a private view of Artemisia. In this first major exhibition of Artemisia’s work in the UK, see her best-known paintings including two versions of her iconic and viscerally violent ‘Judith beheading Holofernes’; as well as her self portraits, heroines from history and the Bible, and recently discovered personal letters, seen in the UK for the first time.
Follow in Artemisia’s footsteps from Rome to Florence, Venice, Naples and London. Hear her voice from her letters, and see the world through her eyes.
Please note that this event has now passed.
Booking Required - this event is now fully booked.
Two time slots available - 4.30pm and 4.45pm.
Your contact information will be shared with the National Gallery and stored for 21 days in line with the Government track and trace advice.
Due to current circumstances, heightened precautions are in place to protect guests, limiting numbers at each event. It is more important than ever that guests who sign up for an in-person event, but are not longer able to attend, cancel their ticket in advance, allowing others a chance to participate. Please only sign up to events you intend to attend.
Image Caption: Artemisia Gentileschi. Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of Alexandria. About 1615-17. © The National Gallery, London.
Sign up to receive a complimentary October Issue of frieze Magazine HERE.
Frieze is committed to implementing best health and safety practices to best protect our staff, partners, and audiences. With this in mind, all persons attending any Frieze Week locations are reminded of the following;
- Do not travel to the PV should yourself or anyone you live with be showing symptoms of Coronavirus including; a new and continuous cough, shortness of breath, a fever or loss of taste or smell.
- Should you or someone you have been in contact with develop symptoms within a week of attending the PV, please self-isolate and notify a member of Frieze immediately.
- Face masks are compulsory at all times on the premises, proof of exemption must be shown if a face mask cannot be worn. Masks must fully cover mouth and nose, shields will not be acceptable.
- All attendees are required to complete track and trace information to enter the venue.
- Please download the NHS Covid-19 Track and Trace App in advance of your visit as you will be asked to scan the QR code with your smart phone on arrival, as required by government guidelines