Frieze New York 2021 FAQs
Tickets to Frieze New York are now sold out.
Join Frieze 91, our yearly membership, to get special access to the fair with a guest, or join Frieze In Depth or In Print and get priority booking for early bird tickets to our next fairs, starting with Frieze London and Masters this October.
What are the opening and closing times for the fair?
To enable social distancing, entry times are offered as 15-minute time slots – please adhere to the time on your ticket or invitation for ease of entry. You will only be allowed to enter on the specific date and time listed on your ticket. There is strictly no re-admission.
How should I prepare for my visit?
Frieze follows all government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has introduced new measures to aid social distancing and ensure the highest standards of health and safety for all our visitors and staff. Frieze reserves the right to modify the required documents and protocols in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, and guidelines at the time of the event.
In the interest of everyone’s safety, ticket and pass holders who don’t follow these guidelines and fail to present the required documents will not be admitted into the fair.
Required documents for visitors and any accompanying guests:
- A valid ticket or invitation and photo ID for all visitors aged 2 and more.
- 24 hours before their visit, visitors will be emailed a link to:
- Fill in a Health & Safety declaration form online
- Upload a letter of proof of a negative test or of full vaccination. This letter of proof from a certified provider must state your name and match the name on the photo ID presented at the door and can either be:
- A Rapid Antigen test obtained no more than 24 hours ahead of your visit or
- A PCR or NAAT test obtained no more than 72 hours ahead of your visit or
- A full vaccination obtained 14 days or more ahead of your visit. Anyone that has not completed a full vaccination course or has completed a course in less than 14 days will still need to test and provide a letter of proof from a certified provider, as detailed above.
- Once you’ve filled in your form and uploaded your letter of proof online and these have been approved, you will receive a personal QR code. This QR code will be required and scanned at the door, so please make sure you save it on your phone or print it at home.
Ticket buyers and guests should forward the link they receive to any other ticket holders they have bought tickets for, or any guests accompanying them. A completed form and letter of proof are also required for any accompanying children aged 2 and up. Their QR code will also be requested at the door to gain entry.
COVID-19 Protocol at the door:
- Please have your ticket/invitation, photo ID and personal QR code ready.
- If you have decided to bring your proof of negative test/full vaccination stating your name at the door, please be aware that this might delay your entry. We highly recommend uploading your proof online to make sure these are validated and approved before your visit.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your entry time.
- Please adhere to the time on your ticket or invitation for ease of entry. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Each ticket or invitation grants a single entry to the fair and is timed to allow you to enjoy 2 hours at the fair. There will be no re-admission.
- Temperature checks, masks, and social distancing are required for all visitors, including children.
- There is no coat check. Backpacks, large bags, or any items bigger than a handbag or laptop bag, are not permitted at the fair.
- The fair map is entirely digital and available now. Click here to download it on your phone or print it at home before your visit.
- If you feel unwell before your visit, please get in touch with us as soon as possible on frieze.seetickets.com/customerservice.
The full COVID-19 guidelines to be aware of ahead of your visit can be read here.
Does Frieze have a list of recommended COVID-19 Testing Sites?
You can find a list of Frieze's recommended testing sites here.
I'm a Frieze New York 2021 ticket holder - how can I access my free 14-day Frieze Week Digital Pass / In Depth Membership Pass?
Frieze New York Ticket holders receive a free 14-day Frieze Week Digital Pass allowing them to watch the Frieze Talks program, get unlimited access to frieze.com and the archive, and more. Details on how to activate their free digital pass will be emailed to ticket buyers late April. If you did not receive an email, please contact email@example.com for further information.
Can I change the date of my ticket?
Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. However, if you feel unwell before or on the day of your visit, please get in touch with us as soon as possible on frieze.seetickets.com/customerservice with your booking reference number.
Where can I stay during Frieze New York?
If you are traveling to New York for the fair, book your stay in one of the city's most celebrated hotels and take advantage of special rates.
What makes Frieze New York different from other art fairs?
Frieze New York is distinguished from other international art fairs through innovative and rigorous programming, and focused high-quality gallery presentations that act as extensions of gallery exhibitions (either through one-, two-, or three-person presentations or themed group shows). Frieze New York offers the opportunity to encounter an exceptional quality and range of artwork, featuring the world’s most exciting emerging talents together with iconic names in contemporary art.
What is the relationship between Frieze New York and other Frieze fairs?
Frieze New York is a sister fair to Frieze London and Frieze Los Angeles contemporary art fairs. All Frieze fairs are separate editions and applications to each are a discreet process.
Who are the Directors of Frieze New York?
Rebecca Ann Siegel is the Director of Americas and Content, overseeing Frieze New York and Frieze Los Angeles. Loring Randolph is the Director of Programming for Frieze New York. Amanda Sharp and Matthew Slotover are the founders of Frieze.
How are the galleries selected for the fair?
The selection is made by a committee of gallerists who participate in the fair; the Fair Directors chair the meeting but do not vote. The Frieze New York 2021 Committee members are: Miguel Abreu (Miguel Abreu Gallery), Olivia Barrett (Chatêau Shatto), Andrew Hamilton (The Modern Institute), Andrew Kreps, (Andrew Kreps Gallery), Sophie Mörner (Company Gallery), Jacqueline Tran (Matthew Marks Gallery) and Matthew Wood (Mendes Wood DM).
What are the gallery sections at Frieze New York?
Frieze New York at The Shed is made up of the main gallery section and Frame.
What is Frame?
Frame is a section dedicated to galleries established less than 10 years ago. Galleries are selected on the basis of a proposed solo presentation. Frame allows visitors and collectors to see work by artists who have not previously benefitted from an international platform to show their work. Frame is advised by Olivia Barrett (Chatêau Shatto, Los Angeles) and Sophie Mörner (Company Gallery, New York).
What is the Frieze Artist Award?
The Frieze Artist Award is an international open call for an emerging artist to realize a major site-specific work at Frieze New York. The 2021 winner is Precious Okoyomon. The Frieze Artist Award is supported by the Luma Foundation.
What is Frieze Talks?
Frieze Talks is a program of keynote lectures, panel debates and discussions featuring leading writers and artists. More details to be announced soon.
Does Frieze produce any publications to accompany the fair?
Launched at Frieze New York in 2016, Frieze Week magazine celebrates the richness of the fair as well as the simultaneous surge of cultural events that take place across the city. The magazine is available for free at the fair.
Where can I buy tickets to the fair?
Tickets to Frieze New York are now sold out. Join Frieze 91 to get special access to the fair with a guest. Alternatively, join Frieze In Depth or In Print and get priority booking for early bird tickets to our next fairs.
How can I hear about Frieze's latest news?
Our website offers details of all Frieze programming. For updates on Frieze New York 2021, follow @friezeofficial on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and sign up to the Frieze newsletter.