Working closely with the Finance Director, CFO, Endeavor Finance team and Frieze business this is a senior role within the Frieze Finance team. The role’s primary focus is to manage Frieze’s financial control landscape including Group Reporting, statutory financial requirements (audit, tax and SOX compliance). This includes identifying and managing risks and opportunities to the financial accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet), manage cashflow effectively in the business through regular cashflow forecasting, coordinate any Finance improvement projects (e.g. systems, process or accounting changes) and act as business partner to the central functions on corporate overheads and headcount costs -
What You’ll Do:
- Audit lead coordinating audit responses, drafting stats and finalising tax
- Ensure that accounts are US GAAP (for Endeavor) and UK FRS compliant (for UK filing) and ensure all external company filings are completed on time.
- Control monthly reporting to our parent company on P&L and Balance sheet, including additional quarter end reporting requirements
- Main point of contact for internal and external tax resource on global tax matters, coordinating responses, drafting comps and ensuring that Frieze are taking advantage of legitimate opportunities to reduce tax burden
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting all relevant tax requirements including quarterly VAT returns (UK) and monthly Sales tax ( US). Prior knowledge of Sales tax advantageous but not a pre requisite.
- Ensure finance processes are SOX compliant (Endeavor are US based)
- Develop more efficient finance processes
- Manage system upgrades / migrations on the Finance roadmap that will impact Finance and the business.
- With HR submit monthly payroll files to third party payroll provider ensuring payroll is accurate and up to date
- Responsible for monthly corporate overhead management accounts (e.g. salaries, rent, rates, finance, office costs, IT & CAPEX) and business partnering with department heads to ensure that budgets are properly managed
- Monitor and forecast group cashflows, coordinating weekly payment requests, 90 day and 1 year forecasts and ensure optimal working capital. Work closely with transactional staff to ensure AP and AR processes are efficient
- Stay on top of developments in US GAAP, UK FRS, UK and US tax and ensure that the Finance team are kept up to date with these developments where applicable
- Support the FD and CFO with ad hoc work as required
- Work on-site at Frieze art fairs on Finance matters
You Have These:
- Looking for ACA qualified with a strong academic record, or CIMA/ACCA recently qualified with experience in a relevant / comparable sector.
- Experience of either working in or auditing the media / creative sectors welcome
- Good knowledge of US GAAP, UK accounting standards and UK tax. Knowledge of US tax a bonus but not a pre-requisite – will need to learn it!
- Ability to put financial theory into practice i.e. someone that knows their stuff but is also is practical and can deliver in a small company set up
- Very well organised, capable of juggling multiple tasks and delivering to deadline
- Driven individual who enjoys challenge, delivering targets, implementing process improvements and wants to get their arms round how a Finance function works from top to bottom
- Someone who is capable in building relationships with colleagues from different parts of the business (Finance team, Endeavor and Frieze Business)
- Excellent Excel skills
- High attention to detail and standards
- Calm under pressure
- Honest/has integrity
- Team player
· Fixed Term Position – 12 Month Maternity Cover, London - Surrey Street
· Working hours are: 9am-5pm
· Working days are: Mon - Fri