Frieze is the world’s leading platform for modern and contemporary art, dedicated to artists, galleries, collectors and art lovers alike. Frieze comprises three magazines – frieze, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week – and five international art fairs – Frieze London, Frieze Masters, Frieze New York, Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul. In October 2021, Frieze also launched No.9 Cork Street, a permanent space for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG/Endeavor network.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
We are looking for a Memberships Manager to work the Frieze 91 membership scheme for the APAC region. Based in Seoul, Korea, this role will lead on member relations and event and programming logistics for the region and work closely with our marketing, press and events teams to promote the scheme.
F91 Event Logistics
- Provide image, caption and event description 6 weeks ahead
- Liaise with events team on catering if needed
- Arrange photographer if needed
- Work with local gallery/institution to confirm date and time (location/logistics)
- Create Korean evite
- Post Frieze 91 event details on Frieze Connect Seoul group and Kakaotalk (pre and post event)
- Provide supplemental guest list of prospects (if applicable, ie non 91 members)
- Send full details of these prospects (names and email addresses) to Data team so accounts can be created on Sugar and they can be tagged ’91 prospects’ - Discuss best process for this with team
- Send and write email text if event is being shared with non members or hasn’t been included in member newsletter
- Review all translations for final checks (as listed below) Attend all F91 events and act as an ambassador for the brand
Translations & Comms
- Manage local translator - be responsible for sharing text in a timely fashion and working with the rest of the 91 team to communicate what is required.
- Check translation of website listing and Frieze Connect listing
- Check translation of artsvp emails
- Check newsletter in Korean
- Monitor 91 inbox and answer emails from Korean members when necessary
- Post weekly in Frieze Connect Seoul group to maintain momentum
- Frequently check FC app for any member messages
- Share images for Events (pre and post) with caption for Social Media Assistant to post
- Review applications within one week
- Reach out personally to introduce as local contact
- Respond to all member enquiries that come through in Korean/work with the team to troubleshoot enquiries that come through from Korean members
- Suggest and contribute ideas for artist studio visits, gallery or museum private views and talks - plan 6 months ahead at a minimum where possible
- Liaise with local partnership contacts for programming
Press & Marketing
- Share photography and text with Press in timely fashion
- Alert Press team ahead of any events - extend invitations to journalists
- Oversee any required collateral. Work with global team to manage/produce
- Share any local opportunities for 91 visibility (influencer posts, gift guides etc)
- Oversee committee activity with the Director, Frieze Seoul and Head of VIP, Asia, ensuring they fulfil their roles and responsibilities
- Communicate and update global team on the group’s activities and any bigger opportunities
Our Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Frieze unites people in our love of the arts. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we are committed to practicing anti-discrimination including race, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability, together with artists, writers and cultural practitioners from all backgrounds. There is still much work to be done to address systemic inequality and discrimination within the arts and culture industry, and we are dedicated to making progress to both within our own organization and the art world at large
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.