Frieze London & Frieze Masters 2023 Tour Guides
We are currently recruiting Tour Guides for Frieze London & Frieze Masters 2023. Tours last an hour and provide an excellent introduction to the fair, tailored for visitors who have limited time. Guides provide visitors with a full overview of the fair and present a selection of exciting highlights including the special sections.
We are looking for contemporary art professionals, with extensive 20th and 21st century art knowledge, who enjoy working with people. You will be required to give up to 4 tours per day, including some private tours, and you would need to have availability from 11th-15th October inclusive.
- Researching and developing an hour-long tour of Frieze London or Frieze Masters presenting work within a range of periods and styles;
- Delivering up to four tours per day in a highly dynamic, engaging and inclusive style;
- Adapting tour material to suit private group requirements;
- Providing accurate and appropriate information to varied audiences;
- Answering visitor questions related to the Fair layout, design and facilities;
- Liaising with gallery staff, curators and Frieze staff;
- Reporting to the Tours Manager with feedback on each tour given;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent administration skills and highly organised;
- Excellent personal presentation and faultless punctuality;
- A degree (in process of completing or already completed) in Curating, Critical Writing, Art History or other associated field of study;
- Able to interact with both diplomacy and discretion when representing Frieze with patrons of disparate demographics;
- Flexible approach to working hours;
- Tour guiding experience within an arts context;
- A network of existing contacts within the gallery world;
- Teaching experience
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- An up to date CV
- A cover letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to unsuccessful applications.