Partnerships Manager, US
New York 247 Centre Street (Frieze)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support Commercial Lead, USA in managing specific sponsor accounts across Armory Art Fair and EXPO Chicago, ensuring smooth delivery of all contractual benefits year round
- Be the lead contact at Frieze for a number of The Armory and EXPO Chicago sponsors – building strong relationships with the client, internal departments at Frieze and at EXPO Chicago and The Armory Show to ensure we deliver the highest quality of partnership, leading our partners to renewal
- Grown sponsorship reveunue across Armory and EXPO Chicago via lead generation; creating sponsorship pitches; negotiating agreements with new sponsors; account management; delivery of assets with attention to deadline; invoicing and database management.
- Work closely with The Armory and EXPO Chicago teams, attending bi-weekly meetings to ensure strong relationships with new and existing partners are maintained
- Act as a main point of contact between internal teams at Frieze, EXPO Chicago and The Armory Art Fair, ensuring all teams are delivering against timelines and deadlines
- Support with management and negotiation of contracts with sponsors and partners from drafting stage through to signing
- Develop and update all sales materials to support the Partnerships team in winning new business, including general sales decks and specific proposals for brands on a case by case basis
- Manage a pipeline of new business conversations for both fairs, with a view to securing a number of new sponsors
- Global market research and monitoring competitor landscape to generate sales leads for Armory Art Fair and EXPO Chicago
- Represent Frieze in face to face and online meetings with key sponsors and prospects
- Liaise with other teams internally to plan and execute sponsored spaces at the fair, advertising campaigns and other partner benefits. This will include, but is not limited to, working with the production team regarding sponsor lounges at our fairs; the marketing team regarding email and social media marketing; the finance team regarding invoicing, the VIP team regarding audiences for our events and Frieze Studios, our creative team, regarding delivery of creative projects for our sponsors.
- Manage internal tracking documents related to Armory and EXPO Chicago sponsors
- Plan, schedule and deliver email marketing and social media campaigns for partners
- Prepare post-event reports showing the results of the social media and marketing campaigns
- Maintain internal databases to ensure that partner information is up to date and easily accessible for the team
- Support the team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Support in the research and development of partnership clients
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience delivering complex and ambitious projects, both at physical events and digitally
- Impeccable organizational and administration skills
- Demonstrated sales experience
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing a wide range of activities and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Proactive and enjoys problem-solving
Please Note e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
- International travel to attend EXPO Chicago and Frieze fairs may be required
- Flexibility and longer hours often required
Frieze is the world’s leading platform for modern and contemporary art, dedicated to artists, galleries, collectors and art lovers alike. Frieze comprises three magazines – frieze, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week – and five international art fairs – Frieze London, Frieze Masters, Frieze New York, Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul. In October 2021, Frieze also launched No.9 Cork Street, a permanent space for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG/Endeavor network.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Frieze unites people in our love of the arts. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we are committed to practicing anti-discrimination including race, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability, together with artists, writers and cultural practitioners from all backgrounds. There is still much work to be done to address systemic inequality and discrimination within the arts and culture industry, and we are dedicated to making progress to both within our own organization and the art world at large.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Per local requirements and in the interest of transparency, the range shown below reflects the prevalent current hiring range for this position. Hiring pay rates are based on a number of factors, including location and may vary depending on job-related qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience. Endeavor strives to provide locally competitive rewards packages, which include base rate along with, as applicable, short- and long-term incentives, growth and developmental opportunities, and robust benefits, such as health care, retirement, vacation and other paid time off, and additional offerings.
Hiring Range Minimum:
Hiring Range Maximum: