Castelli Gallery was founded by Leo Castelli in 1957. Considered the most influential art dealer of the Post-War period, Leo Castelli had a gift for discovering new talents. Under his leadership, the gallery became the epicenter of Pop Art, Minimal Art, Conceptual Art and Post-Minimal Art.
Since 1999, the gallery has been operated under the direction of Barbara Bertozzi Castelli. Ms. Bertozzi Castelli continues the gallery’s commitment to promoting the work of artists including Jasper Johns, Joseph Kosuth, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Morris, Richard Pettibone, and Keith Sonnier. The gallery maintains two exhibition spaces: an Upper East Side location at 18 East 77th Street, and 24 West 40th Street, across from Bryant Park.